Jackson B. Robinson
2+ years experience as a Lead Character Artist working on AAA game titles.
8+ years experience as an 2D/3D Illustrator & Concept Artist, Character Designer, and Digital Sculptor,
working with high profile clients such as, Coca Cola, Hasbro Toys, Star Wars / Lucas Film Licensing, Marvel Comics, Corona,
Time Magazine, Mumbo Jumbo Games and Disney.EDUCATION
2006 - Obtained a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Drawing & Painting from the University of North Texas
2008 - Completed an extensive 14 week training program at the Gnomon School of Visual Arts in Digital Sculpting with Zbrush.
Professional Work Experience:
Gaming Industry Work Experience:
July 2012 - Present - Unreleased FPS
• Art Director The Workshop Entertainment Inc. Currently developing an Unreleased Title.
2009 - July 2012 - Sorcery
• Lead Character Artist The Workshop Entertainment Inc. Shipped Sony Playstation Move Title Sorcery as Lead Character Artist.
2012 Borderlands 2 DLC
•Conceptual Art / Graphic Design for in game signage and props.
Currently an instructor at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Hollywood, California
• Instructor: Advanced Characters for Games
• Instructor: Photoshop for Digital Production
• Instructor: Digital Painting
• Instructor: UDK Character Techniques
2D/3D Illustration Work Experience:
Ranch 5 Creative, Dallas TX
2004 - 2009
• Principle Illustrator & 3D Artist
• Coca Cola: Designed and Illustrated the 2006 – 2007 Holiday Santa Clause and Polar Bear for the Holiday cans.
• Hasbro Toys / Lucas Film Licensing: Concepted, designed, and illustrated over 100 Characters and Vehicles for the Galactic Hero Toy Line.
• Hasbro Toys / Lucas Film Licensing: Concepted, designed, and illustrated the Indiana Jones LIFE Board game and box.
• Hasbro Toys / Marvel Comics: Concepted, designed, and illustrated over 50 Characters for the Marvel Super Hero Squad Toy Line.
• Hasbro Toys / GIJOE: Concepted, Pitched and created the new character line look for the GIJOE Action Battlers Toy Line.
• Hasbro Toys / Tonka: Concepted, designed, and illustrated revised Tonka Logo.
• Time Magazine: Editorial Illustration featuring Pepsi & Coca Cola bottle “trading secrets.”
• Corona: Concepted, designed, and illustrated over 10 POP Packages.
• Disney: Illustrated the Limited Edition Share Holders Print
Professional Skill Set:
• Photoshop • Maya • Zbrush • Mudbox • 3D Coat • X Normal • Unreal Engine 3 • Headus UV Layout • Crazy Bump • Illustrator • Marmoset Toolbag
Working Knowledge in:
• 3DS Max • Corel Painter
Awards & Accomplishments:
Published five times in the McGraw Hill Marketing & Advertising Collegiate Textbooks.
Gnomon Workshops: Winner of three worldwide 3d & Digital Sculpting competitions.
Guest Artist at the 2007 Star Wars Celebration in Los Angeles, California.